My dad always carried a camera under the seat of his car and was constantly taking pictures. I think that his example, together with poring over National Geographic magazines as a child fuelled my curiosity for the world around me.
I also do a good deal of street photography, which is my true passion. Having a slightly off-kilter sense of humour helps keep me looking for the unusual. I believe that mentoring is important so I enjoy any opportunity to encourage and train new photographers.
BUCKET LIST: Russia, Peru, Galapagos, Tanzania, South Africa, Morroco, Antarctica, Norway, Sweden, Brazil, Czech Republic, Costa Rica … (to name a few)
- Victoria, BC Canada . (514) 816-3095
- Montreal – published August 24, 2014
- To Be a Child – published November 30, 2015
- India – published January 3, 2017
- Walk with Me – published December 26, 2017
- Intrepid Travel Photography Award for 2010
- Editor’s Favourite (12 images) by National Geographic 2014-2018
- One image on exhibit in Washington at the National Geographic Museum
think big thoughts but relish small pleasures
~ h. jackson brown, jr.
All images remain the property of Debra Schoenberger – Canadian Copyright Act (Bill C-11, in force since November 2012).